Monday, May 18, 2009

Medieval Books in the Digital Age

The University of Melbourne put up a video promoting the fine work of Bernard Muir. It's a nice verbal and visual treatment of what we Anglo-Saxonists do and why we do it.

I've been encouraged to get my own schools to focus on my work. That would be WVU and Middlesex Community College. I have drafted a plan for a "Mornings in Camelot" course - King Arthur at 7:30 am. Those of you who know me know that I teach one class in the moring so that I can return to my regularly scheduled gig in robot world before 9:00.

I hope to show that even at MCC, where the students tend to be less than enthusiastic about their English classes, people are interested in the Middle Ages. Medieval is not mere esoterica that might be deleted from the curriculum for something more contemporary.

No comments: